About MG Group
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU ON YOUR PROJECT
We help our clients in many unique ways. The main areas where we can offer assistance on your project include:
- Protecting your commercial interests on the project.
- Keeping you informed and educated on what each stage of the project encompasses and what to expect along the way.
- Follow up consultants, suppliers and contractors regarding late or outstanding items.
- Keeping a documented record of all decisions and changes on your project.
- Ensuring correct financial forecasts are in place on your project.
- Significantly reducing your workload and stress by utilising our project management team, systems and processes.
- Uncomplicating and streamlining the entire property development process.
- Valuing engineering and saving money at every stage of your project.
- Reducing overall development and project risk.
- Preventing time and cost delays.
- Ensuring your project is financially viable or showing you how to make your project financially viable.
- Increasing your personal capacity to do more projects by having the correct management frameworks in place.
- Putting in place adequate support systems for you and your business throughout the duration of the project.
- Providing an information filter on your project to prevent stress and overwhelm.
- Having the difficult conversations that no one wants to have.
- Protecting you from contractually astute builders.
OVERCOMING PROJECT CHALLENGES
Project challenges that we regularly face and overcome include:
- Disputes and conflict with the builder and/or other project stakeholders.
- Poor quality and workmanship on the project.
- Impacts and consequences of an unorganised project or a project experiencing poor communication and coordination between team members.
- Delays in dealing with local and state authorities.
- Building certification issues and legislative changes.
- Consequences of signing a bad contract.
- Political situations on shareholder boards that are impacting project progress.
- Major design flaws or mistakes that need to be fixed to prevent big time and cost issues.
- Coordination issues between the builder, unit buyer, sales agent, stakeholders and developer.
- Cost and time implications of a project becoming unnecessarily complicated.
- Clients needing more project experience and credibility to obtain project funding.
- Major cost issues relating to poor design and document coordination.
- Inefficient project design.
- Projects that have progressed with incorrect feasibility studies.
- Project experiencing a high number of variations and extension of time claims.
- Builders not fulfilling their contractual requirements on the project.
- Team members constantly not performing or meeting deadlines.
- Difficult contract negotiations with the builder.
OUR POINTS OF DIFFERENCE
We bring the following points of difference to your project:
- In-house quantity surveyors are assigned to each one of our client’s projects.
- The ability to structure alternative finance arrangements due to our relationship with certain funders.
- We consistently exceed client expectations through strong work ethic and by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the highest possible quality.
- Our project managers have big project experience and small complex project experience.
- Excellent contract knowledge and administration skills.
- Conscious project management style that ensures quality working relationships are maintained with all team members throughout the project.
- Pride in conducting business in a transparent manner ensuring at all times we have good intentions and a high level of integrity.
- Consistently creating value on projects which often covers the cost of our professional fees many times over.
- Established industry connections and network.
- Consultancy firm based on results, value and outcomes.